Saturday, March 24, 2012

Shower Sweets

My sister's baby shower this weekend was pretty much just an excuse for me to haul out my new cupcake stand.

 Found a lot of cute blue candy; if anyone didn't know the baby's gender when they came, they didn't have a choice by the time they left. :) 

Simply cut a hole in a plastic baggie and piped the chocolate frosting in swirls. Yeah, I'm cheap.

 I found those little plastic trifle dishes at Zurchers and filled them with whipped cream, strawberries, and a graham cracker crust. They came with little, tiny spoons. I don't know what it is about tiny food and tiny dishes and tiny utensils, but I LOVE IT!

The cupcakes once I inserted my toppers. I individualized them to his name, his weight at birth, ect. The blue rock candy was a nice addition. Not necessarily for eating, but looked sparkly!! Can't go wrong there!


The Layout

  
The white cupcake wrappers were my favorite. I may have to start buying in bulk. Added such an elegant touch! Also found those at Zurchers. 


And my niece after she'd finished through the food line. I think she missed the actual food somewhere in there. 

No comments:

Post a Comment