Sunday, March 4, 2012

Ruffle Necklace


I love the whole flower necklace thing that's become popular as of late. So I decided to give it a go. One thing I love... firing up the glue gun and starting something I have no idea how it's going to turn out... or whether it will!

I start with my usual and trustworthy square of felt.



Cut out many, many, many circles of fabric (I'm using extremely sheer material, but you can easily use cotton too, or almost any other material you'd like). 



Bunch the material from the center to give it that lovely petal-looking wave.



Take a dot of hot glue and set the bunched fabric down until it sets.



Continue gluing the fabric to the center evenly surrounding that middle part until you have a cute little bud.






Now you're going to do this four more times. I like doing three larger ones and two smaller ones. But five larger ones work too. Trim the felt on the bottom too so it's pretty unnoticeable. 


By the way (and just in case you can't already tell) I kind of air on the side WAY too many photos.



Next I lay the flowers down in a half-moon kind of shape and glue down with my trusty glue gun. Seriously, I'd take that thing down a dark alley with me if possible. I have three welts on my hands from the darn thing!


Cut out the felt underneath until it's not visible from the front


Glue some chain on the back and add some clasps on the end. It's that simple!! I just love this look! It's so classy and could go with just about anything!!



Looks great with anything!! Cute t-shirt, skinny jeans, cardigan, ballet flats, but this... THIS will be what makes the outfit!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment